Wednesday, April 29, 2009

An Oldie but Goodie!

Well everyone around Charleston knows about the the Charleston Crab House on the Wappoo River under the Wappoo Bridge, but I wonder if sometimes places like this are underestimated. We happened to go the other night with a friend cause I was craving seafood :) Anyway, we walked in and all of the signs were upside down, which was strange. We asked the host and he said that they had just undergone a makeover show which had to do with 'flipping', so they flipped all the signs in honor of that. I have to admit, from the last time I had gone, it definitely did look nice. Anyway, we asked for a table outside so we could watch the sunset, which is gorgeous there by the way, and he said that the bugs were really bad (go figure :)), but he could put us right by a huge window inside, which ended up being perfect.

As anyone who has been there knows, at this restaurant, they have the best hushpuppies ever. Not the oniony kind, which alot of people like, but I am not one of them :) We started off with the lowcountry sampler (calamari, mozzarella sticks and coconut shrimp), which was really good. I loved their calamari cause it wasn't greasy at all (and being Greek, I'm picky about that). The food came out pretty quickly. One of us got the hamburger, which he loved. I got my favorite thing, with was the friend shrimp platter, and the other ordered the Lowcountry Boil Platter. All of the food was really wonderful. None of the fried food was overfried, the steamed shrimp looked wonderful and smelled better, and the sausage was nice and mild.

I still have to say that watching the sunset and watching the boats was the best part of the night...in addition to the food.

And even better, we found out that they have a $5 corkage fee, so another great place to bring your own wine for dinner!

Enjoy your week and weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment